A blister package is made up of two separate elements: a transparent plastic cavity shaped to the product and its blister board backing. These two elements are then joined together with a heat sealing process, which allows product to be hung or displayed.
Blister pack has been a popular choice in packaging for many years, providing a cost-effective means of effectively displaying a product line and have many advantages over other forms of packaging. Besides providing custom blister packs and blister sealer solutions, Yinso Packaging also offers stock blisters clamshell packaging and blister trays for a great looking product at a reduced cost.
Let us determine which blister style is best for your product — Exactly to your requirements. To get the latest list of available vacuum forming blister packaging, contact us blister packaging supplier at +86-769-85602287 today to buy blister packaging and cost of blister packaging.
Blister Types-- Thermoform blister packaging
1. Standard Face Seal Blister A standard face sealed blister encompasses the body of a product and is heat-sealed to a specially treated card or foil. The flanges of the blister packaging are used to seal to the card. 2. Trapped Blisters Blister packaging process: A trapped blister package is essentially the same thing as a face seal blister, but usually with a larger flange. The flange is utilized to trap the blister between two cards, or a micro-fluted card, with glue being used to seal the card. This type of package is becoming increasingly popular, due to the perception of it being more ecologically friendly. The tooling portion of this type of thermoform is the same in design, function, and cost as a face seal blister.
3. Full Face Seal Blisters Similar to a standard face seal blister, a full face seal blister is still heat sealed to a blister card. The main difference is that a standard blister package has a contoured flange (i.e. concentric around the form), whereas full face seal blister packaging has a flange area that covers the entire face of the blister card.Typically, this type of blister package is used on products that are abnormally heavy, as a means to reinforce the hang hole area of the card with plastic. Of course, due to the maximized area of plastic, this type of form can be significantly more expensive than a standard blister. Tooling and sealing considerations are essentially the same as a standard blister.One drawback to this type of blister is the tendency of the blister card to warp after being sealed. The large area that is usually sealed in this configuration causes the card to bow or warp, which affects the aesthetics of the package, as well as potentially causing problems in production.
4. Mock Blister/Clamshell Packaging Mock Blisters/Clamshell looks like a clamshell but is a blister with a flange that extends around the exterior of the package to hold a card. From the front it looks like a clamshell and from the back it looks like a blister package. Like Blisters, Mock Blister/Clamshells require the advertising card to be heat sealed during the assembly process.
5. Interactive Blister Packages An Interactive blister incorporates unique “Try Me” features into the design. A typical example of this is a blister package that holds a flashlight with a die cut hole that allows the customer to testing turning the flash light on and off.
6. Slide Blisters/blister tray packaging A Slide blister incorporates larger flanges that fold around the back of the package so that you can slide a card into the package. The advantage of this type of blister packaging is that no sealing is required to assemble it. It also protects the card from damage.
Blister Packaging Materials PVC PETG
Card Blister Packaging Sealing Options
Blister Cards Tyvek Backing Foil Backing
Advantages of Blister Packaging Cost Savings Blister packaging is a cost effective way of showcasing your product. Due to the nature of the material and design, it makes it more cost effective than other types of packages that are on the market. There are several different types of blister packaging – Face Seal, Trap, Mock, Slide and Interactive. Each one has its unique qualities and price points, from entry level to high end.
Great Advertising Space There is a wide range of colors and finishes that blister packaging can be constructed to feature. Manufacturers can use that to help make their products stand out on shelves. Blister packaging options are also great for marketing because they allow either the manufacturers or retailers themselves to include promotional materials or advertisements to help build a brand and increase customer loyalty.
Provide a Clear Product Display Blister packaging helps shoppers see and feel the quality of a product, further aiding in their purchase decision. More than half of shoppers agree it’s important to see a product through its packaging.
Theft Deterrent Packaging In today’s times of escalating retail theft and product shrinkage, packages are specifically designed so that the customer cannot “touch and feel” the product. Clear, protective, and durable thermoformed plastic packaging enables the customer to fully view the product while maintaining the security of the product. Blister packaging can easily be sealed using heat sealing machinery.
Tamper Evident A tamper-evident package, according to the regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (21 CFR § 211.132), “is one having one or more indicators or barriers to entry which, if breached or missing, can reasonably be expected to provide visible evidence to consumers that tampering has occurred.” In addition, the indicator or barrier must be “distinctive by design,” which means the tamper-evident feature is designed from material not readily available to the public. Therefore, it can’t be easily duplicated. The labeling must also include a description of the safety feature. For blister packaging, each tablet or capsule is individually sealed, so any form of tampering is immediately visible. The product label needs to include a statement similar to the following: “Do not use if blister is cut or broken.”
Provides Product Protection Blister packaging provides excellent protection and it greatly reduces theft. And while blister are an excellent display for showcasing your product, they will also provide a longer shelf life and extended package performance. Blister packaging is a cost effective ways of professionally marketing your product at a small cost.
We also offer sustainable packaging solutions for environmentally friendly companies.
Call Yinso Packaging (blister packaging company) at+86-769-85602287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to know blister packaging cost and see how we can meet all your blister packaging needs.